Monday, April 29, 2013

Best dessert ever!

I am on a roll! 
I was making this and thought of what a great post this would be because this dessert is, to me, amazing!

I saw this made on Live with Kelly and Michael and thought I would give it a try for Thanksgiving last year. It was so much better than pie. 
It's called Pumpkin Pudding Crack.... I mean Crunch. 
Ingredients:
2 sticks of butter (melted)
1 large can of pumpkin puree
3 eggs
1 large can evaporated milk
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 box of yellow cake mix
whipped topping

Directions:
In a large bowl mix, pumpkin puree, eggs, milk , sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. 
Pour into baking dish (13x9 works best)
Sprinkle evenly over mixture dry cake mix. Cover completely with cake mix!
Pour melted butter on top, do not mix in, butter should sit on top of cake mix. 
Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Let cool, best served cold (I prefer it warm but that's me)
Top with whipped topping when serving. 

This is amazing stuff, I can eat it all! 
The love I have for this may be equal to a drug addiction and cause as  much damage to ones body. I do make half the recipe when I am really craving it and I take some things out so it's not as indulgent. I did not add the sugar (cake mix has enough) I also did not add eggs, I added an individual serving of apple sauce to help thicken it up.
Also use, 1/2 of the cake mix and 1 stick of butter. It tasted the same to me and made me feel a little better about being able to eat all of it in one weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Joining the Blogging Bandwagon