Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Painting 101

In all things you can learn lessons, painting is no exception. I decided to paint my second child's nursery on Monday. I am having a girl so I thought I would go with a split look, pink on the bottom and a cream on the top. We have a pretty small bedroom for her so it didn't take too long but I did learn a few things. 1. No matter how much you eye ball or use your level, your blue tape will be crooked. 2. Paint the top section first because it will drip onto the bottom. If you have painted the bottom first you will have to go back and touch up in a few places you had a little too much "gusto" with your roller. 3. If you are pregnant you should open a window, however if it is in the high 80's outside you will get hot! 4. Your arm and hand will be sore and oddly your rear-end may too be sore... strange. Finally number 5. If your husband has 50 pound weights sitting on the floor in this room, please have him move them before he leaves for California for the week! :) 


Once the room was "complete" my son Aiden, helped me peal the painters tape off and spent several minutes climbing the step ladder. He was very excited to see the room and seemed pleased with my color choice. 




 I can't wait to add the finial touches which includes converting our unfinished entertainment center into a wardrobe! I plan to paint it the same colors as the wall and hang some cute green checked curtains as the"doors".




  

The last time I painted a baby's room my husband was deployed in Iraq. It was odd painting this room with him out of town. I was a little blue remembering all the things I did alone to prepare for Aiden. I have not attempted to finish the room this week, I think I am waiting for my husband to be home. What's more special then working together to prepare for your new baby. Actually in our case it would be moments of bickering because we both have the flaw of always having to be right... a match made in heaven!

1 comment:


Joining the Blogging Bandwagon